For recruitment agencies and internal recruiters, social media has opened up many doors as well as presenting recruitment consultants with new challenges to match those opportunities. In the forefront of this is LinkedIn, perhaps the key social media channel for recruitment and one which opens up access to both the people and information that recruiters can use in their roles.
With over 550m users worldwide and over 24m in the UK alone, LinkedIn provides access to a vast potential pool of talent and organisations – the challenge is to use this effectively. LinkedIn offers recruitment agencies, executive search and recruiters in general a hugely important tool which has enormous potential both on the client side and in terms of candidate research.
In addition, we make sure that we cover the ways in which you can market your company and the opportunities available both through the paid channels and also via some free methods which are at our disposal.
For the candidate side, when it comes to identifying potential candidates then we examine 6 channels which can help identify the right people to approach. We also look at the ability to X-Ray the site, tapping into the opportunities and avoiding some of the artificial barriers that LinkedIn imposes (such as hiding details and restricting search result numbers) as well as using it in ways that LinkedIn’s search cannot do.
Using LinkedIn for business development on the client side is equally well covered given the tracking, monitoring and targetting tools which allow identification and approach of the key players within company prospects.
I found the LinkedIn for Business Success training very useful and Mark managed to make it applicable and accessible to everyone who attended. I would definitely recommend for anyone who is looking to take full advantage of what LinkedIn has to offer.
What you take away
The cost of the London LinkedIn for Recruiters Workshop is now just £125.00 and includes:
- Half-day workshop covering Using LinkedIn for Recruiters
- Handout pack containing full slide pack for note taking
- Document covering LinkedIn Profile Setup & Optimisation
- 3 months email support (for any follow up questions while putting the contents of the session into practice)
The upcoming London Workshops are being run at a Central London location from 13:30 through to 17:30 on the following dates:
- Wednesday 7th November 2018
- Tuesday 11th December 2018
To book your place at the London event, please contact us on 020 3633 0230 or email email@example.com.
LinkedIn Training for Recruitment Agencies
Our LinkedIn Training for Recruitment Agencies (public workshop in London) is a halfday session delivered at a Central London location which covers the following areas:
i) Introduction to LinkedIn
- Why LinkedIn is key and its place in the social media and business worlds
- Setting your LinkedIn strategy
- Getting your Settings right for you as a recruiter
ii) Creating the right profile: the cornerstone of your LinkedIn activity
- Developing your profile to attract candidates, clients and partners
- Getting to the top of search results on LinkedIn for your target keywords
- Using the new Rich Media to enhance your visibility and credibility
iii) Developing your network to resource candidates and find new clients
- Methods and approaches to extend your network
- Using the advanced search facilities to find the right candidates and target new business
- 6 areas you need to be using to identify potential candidates and prospects
- How to approach and connect with people – and how not to!
- X-Raying LinkedIn to find the people you want to reach: practical advice to develop the right search strings
- Opportunities with the ‘tagging’ function examined
iv) Raising your profile and developing your reputation
- Developing and raising your profile to set you apart from the competition on LinkedIn
- Updates: how to use them best without re-inventing the wheel
- Groups: participating sensibly and establishing your own
- Recommendations, messaging, endorsements and other on site tools
v) Company tools and coordinating activities
- Using the company pages
- Coordination at a company and team level
- Ensuring all your target areas are covered
- Examining LinkedIn’s additional offerings
vi) Establishing a LinkedIn routine
- Getting organised and making best use of your time
- Key activities and how to arrange them
- LinkedIn Tools to help you achieve this while managing your time